Healthcare + Data Science
The Future of Savings Lives
Together we can. There is a fresh movement within the AI, ML, Data Science communities to join hands with healthcare experts. This inaugural Health Day at KDD 2018 marks the beginning of this long journey to bring us closer to making wellness central to machine learning research. Let’s save lives while saving costs and making healthier living a reality through our publications, discussions and discoveries.
Health Day brings together best of academic thought leadership with the brightest innovations from Industry to interact openly with leaders who practice bioinformatics, epidemiology, genomics, and healthcare. You will find tutorials on deep learning and importance of explainable AI in healthcare. Join experts as they debate the ethics of machine learning drive care management. Participate in workshops that focus on epidemiology and large scale data mining for public health issues globally.
With a 5 star studded opening panel ( 8 am on 20th August), 3 workshops ( 20th August all day), 3 tutorials ( 19th August all day) and over 35 highly selected peer-reviewed workshop papers appearing as posters when the main conference kicks off, there is something for every data science researcher to share and learn.
Be a part of uncovering new insights at the Health Day Panel Discussion
Join the expert panel at Health Day as they discuss the impact of AI and ML in making healthcare more predictive, preventive and proactive.
What to expect this Health Day
- Spark vigorous discussions and encourage collaboration between the various disciplines potentially resulting in collaborative projects and grant submissions.
- Learn, as we emphasize the aspects of learning from large variety of data – clinical (phenotypic, genotypic and other omic), financial, social and IoT data for disease progression modelling, drug discovery, financial and clinical outcome analysis etc.
- Discuss the challenges the machine learning community faces in acceptance and widespread applicability in this domain while touching upon some steps e.g. interpretable models, the community is taking to address those.
- Address many of the topics through both invited and contributed talks.
- When you register for KDD don’t forget to add Health day as your preference so we can plan the sessions.
Ankur M. Teredesai, Ph.D., is the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of KenSci. He also holds a Professorship in Computer Science & Systems at the University of Washington. His research spans data science with its applications for societal impact in healthcare. Apart from his academic appointments at RIT and the University of Washington, Teredesai has significant industry experience, having held various positions at C-DAC Pune, Microsoft Research, IBM T.J. Watson Labs, and a variety of technology startups. He has published over 75 papers on machine learning, has managed large teams of data scientists and engineers, and deployed data science solutions in healthcare. He is the Executive Director of Center for Data Science, and serves as the Information Officer for ACM SIGKDD (Special Interest Group in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining) the leading organization of industry and academic researchers in data science. He is currently an associate editor for ACM SIGKDD Explorations and IEEE Transactions on Big Data and serves on program committees of major international conferences in machine learning and healthcare.
Health Day Committee
Save the Date
KDD 2018 - London, United Kingdom. 19 - 23 August 2018
The annual KDD conference is the premier interdisciplinary conference bringing together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.