KDD 2018 Poster Preparation Instructions
- Home /
- Accepted Papers /
- Poster Instructions
KDD 2018 Poster Preparation Instructions
ALL accepted papers in both research and applied data science tracks are required to prepare posters to present in the poster sessions.
Overall Schedule: There will be two poster presentation sessions from 7:00pm to 9:30pm August 20 and August 21. Each day, presenters should set up their posters between 4pm to 5pm. Your paper is assigned a board number, which is used to locate the position of your poster. The board number can be found in the program booklet (to be distributed at the registration desk). A brief program is below and a detailed one will be available in the booklet and on the KDD website soon.
7:00pm to 9:30pm on August 20 for papers from the following categories: Research Track Oral Papers, Deep Learning Day, and Health Day
7:00pm to 9:30pm on August 21 for papers from the following categories: Applied Data Science Track, Research Track Poster Papers, and KDD Cup
Poster Presentation Instructions: The poster board size is 2m (width) by 1m (height). Your posters need to fit within this area. Specific areas will be labeled in the poster session area to allow you to locate where to place your posters. If you would like to keep your posters, please ensure that you remove them at the end of the poster session each day. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
Below please find some frequently asked questions and their answers to help you prepare your poster presentation.
Q: When is the deadline for poster preparation?
A: There is no deadline. Just make sure to present your poster during the corresponding session of your poster.
Q: What is the expected size of my poster?
A: The poster board size is 2m (width) by 1m (height). The main constraint of your posters is that they should fit within that size. In other words, there is no constraint on them in terms of the orientation and size of the poster you use as long as it fits on the poster board with that size.
Q: Can we glue or pin our sheet to this provided board?
A: Yes. KDD will provide you with velcro to mount the poster.
Q: How can we locate our poster board?
A: We number each board and assign each board number to each paper. You can find the information on the program booklet/KDD website.
Q:Can KDD provide sample poster template (.ppt file) for us to use?
A: There’s no template. You can use your own.
Poster blitz session instructions: ALL accepted poster papers in both research and applied data science tracks will present in the poster blitz session.
(1) When/Where.The poster blitz session will be held at 1:30—5:30pm, Tuesday at ICC Auditorium (Level 0). We will have two mini-sessions with a coffee break between 3:30-4:00pm:
- Research Track Posters: 1:30-3:30pm
- Applied DS Track Posters: 4:00-5:30pm
(2) Lineup. Please find in the file here (poster blitz group assignments for line up) the presentation ordering. We have put all the papers into several small groups. Please find your paper as well as few in your neighborhood (e.g., 3 papers before and after your paper). Shortly (e.g., 10 minutes) before the blitz session starts, group 1 should line up at ICC Auditorium. When group 1 is presenting, group 2 should prepare to line up at the same place, so on and so forth.
(3) Presentation. As soon as the paper before you is finished, or when you see your slides shows up, please proceed to the podium. You will have up to 60 seconds to present your paper. At the end of the 60 seconds, the session chair will stop you, even if you have not finished your presentation.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact poster chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date
KDD 2018 - London, United Kingdom. 19 - 23 August 2018
The annual KDD conference is the premier interdisciplinary conference bringing together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.
How can we assist you?
We'll be updating the website as information becomes available. If you have a question that requires immediate attention, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
If you are experiencing any issue related to registrations (confirmation, payment problem etc.) or have any questions regarding registrations, please do not submit this form. Please send an email to Kelly Hughes (email@example.com) or call 1.888.526.1242 or 303.530.4683.