- Home /
- Calls /
- KDD 2018 Call for Student Travel Award Applications
KDD 2018 Call for Student Travel Award Applications
SIGKDD 2018 will offer travel awards to full-time student attendees. The purpose of the student travel grants is to encourage student participation at the conference by partially funding the costs of students who would otherwise be unable to attend.
Applications are accepted from full-time students at degree granting institutions. The maximum amount and type of support provided to each grantee are set by the sponsors (ACM SIGKDD, NSF), and they are intended to partially cover the grantee’s travel expense. Conference registration will be waived for student travel award grantees.
All full-time graduate and undergraduate students with evidence established in data mining research are encouraged to apply. SIGKDD encourages participation of women and under-represented minorities, as well as participation of new comer students.
How to submit application:
Submission deadline: 11:59PM PDT, May 31, 2018.
Please read the following instructions carefully before you submitting your application. Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will receive full consideration.
Only PDF documents are accepted. Late submissions, or documents in other formats will not be accepted. All questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please write down the applicant’s full name under “Title”.
- All fields with (*) are mandatory.
- Your self-statement (in PDF) should include
- The applicant’s current status (including institution, academic status (PhD MS, undergraduate), number of years entering the current program etc.)
- the applicant’s research interest and current accomplishments, and their future research plans,
- a description of how the grant will help them with their research plans,
- any information that the applicant feels relevant for supporting their application,
- The total budget for attending the KDD’18, and availability of other travel funds (because the travel award will only partially cover the cost.).
Please upload a recommendation letter (in PDF) from the applicant’s advisor supporting the application, that:
- confirms that the applicant was a student in good standing at the time the paper was submitted to KDD,
- describes how the applicant will benefit from attending KDD, and
- explains why the student is in need of the travel award
- given that costs can be higher than the award amount per student, the letter needs to include either a statement that the advisor commits to covering the cost of travel in excess of the travel grant, or a plan for how the student will get the additional funds.
Students receiving the travel awards are required to:
- Participate the one-day KDD mentoring program.
- Assist the conference organizers in numerous activities during the event days.
- Submit the original invoice up to the amount of the travel award for reimbursement after the conference. (Instructions will be sent later.)
All applicants need to submit their applications at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kdd18
Save the Date
KDD 2018 - London, United Kingdom. 19 - 23 August 2018
The annual KDD conference is the premier interdisciplinary conference bringing together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.