KDD 2019 Poster Preparation Instructions
ALL accepted papers in both research and applied data science tracks are requiredto prepare posters to present in the poster sessions, AND to submit a short video highlighting their research.
There will be two poster presentation sessions from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm Monday, August 5 and Tuesday, August 6. Both sessions will be held at Section 3 ofIDLUGHET (EKLUTNA) EXHIBIT HALL. Each day, presenters should set up their posters between 3 pm to 5 pm. After the poster session each night, presenters should remove their posters. Any posters left in the poster area will be taken to registration for presenters to pick-up. Your paper is assigned a board number, which is used to locate the position of your poster. The board number can be found in the program booklet (to be distributed at the registration desk). A brief program is below and a detailed one will be available in the booklet and on the KDD website soon.
7:00 pm to 9:30 pm on August 5 for papers from the following categories: Applied
Data Science Track Oral Papers, Research Track Oral Papers, Deep Learning Day,
and Health Day
7:00 pm to 9:30 pm on August 6 for papers from the following categories: Applied Data
Science Track Poster Papers, Research Track Poster Papers, KDD Cup, Social Impact and Earth Day
Poster Presentation Instructions: The board size for each poster is 4ft (width) by 4ft (height). Your posters need to fit within this area. Specific areas will be labeled in the poster session area to allow you to locate where to place your posters. If you would like to keep your posters, please ensure that you remove them at the end of the poster session each day. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
Below please find some frequently asked questions and their answers to help you
prepare your poster presentation.
When is the deadline for poster preparation?
A: There is no deadline. Just make sure to present your poster during the corresponding session of your poster.
What is the expected size of my poster?
A: The board size for each poster is 4ft (width) by 4ft (height). The main constraint of your posters is that they should fit within that size. In other
words, there is no constraint on them in terms of the orientation and size of the poster you use as long as it fits on the poster board with that size.
Can we glue or pin our sheet to this provided board?
A: Yes. KDD will provide you with pushpins to mount the poster.
How can we locate our poster board?
A: We number each board and assign each board number to each paper. You can find the information on the program booklet/KDD website.
Can KDD provide sample poster template (.ppt file) for us to use?
A: There’s no template. You can use your own.
for Poster Blitz Presentations
Poster blitz session instructions: ALL accepted Poster papers in both research and applied data science tracks will present in the
poster blitz session.
(1) When/Where.The poster blitz session will be held at 1:30-5:30pm, Tuesday August 6th at the Tikahtnu Ballroom in the Dena’ina Convention Center. We will have two mini-sessions with a coffee break between 3:30-4:00pm:
- Applied DS Track Posters: 1:30-3:30 pm
- Applied DS Track Posters and Research Track: 4:00-5:30 pm
(2) What, where and when to submit. Each Poster Paper should prepare ONE page of presentation slide. On this single page, you should
include the track, paper title, authors, poster number, poster time, and main points and results that you think will generate interest in your poster. Prepare your presentation in PDF format. Name your file as “lastname_posternumber_groupnumber_kdd19blitz.pdf”.
You could find your poster number and group number in this file here (poster blitz and mini groups 2019). We will follow the order in the file to proceed the presentations. You need to submit your presentation slide in the track of Poster Blitz Presentation in Easychair using the same
logins as what you used for your paper submission. The submission deadline for your presentation slide is June 15, 2019. Note that the accepted Oral papers in both tracks are not allowed to present in this Poster Blitz Presentation session.
(3) Lineup. We have put all the papers into several small groups. Each group has up to 20 papers. Please find your paper as well as a few in your neighborhood (e.g., 3 papers before and after your paper). Shortly (e.g., 10 minutes) before the blitz session starts, group 1 should line up at the Tikahtnu Ballroom. When group 1 is presenting, group 2 should prepare to line up at the same place, so on and so forth.
(4) Presentation. As soon as the paper before you is finished, or when you see your slides shows up, please proceed to the podium. You will have up to 60 seconds to present your paper. At the end of the 60 seconds, the session chair will stop you, even if you have not finished your presentation.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact poster chair at .
How can we assist you?
We'll be updating the website as information becomes available. If you have a question that requires immediate attention, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
Please enter the word you see in the image below: