Calls for Papers and Proposals
KDD 2019 Student Travel Awards have been selected and notified as of 6/19/19
SIGKDD 2019 will offer travel awards to full-time student attendees. The purpose of the student travel grants is to encourage student participation at the conference by partially funding the costs of students who would otherwise be unable to attend.
Applications are accepted from full-time students at degree granting institutions. The maximum amount and type of support provided to each grantee are set by the sponsors (NSF and ACM SIGKDD), and they are intended to partially cover the grantee’s travel expenses.
All full-time graduate and undergraduate students with evidence established in data mining research are encouraged to apply. SIGKDD encourages participation of women and under-represented minorities, as well as participation of new comer students.
How to submit an application:
Submission deadline: 11:59PM PDT, June 16, 2019. DECISION DATE: JUNE 19, 2019- ALL NOTIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT!
Please read the following instructions carefully before you submitting your application. Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will receive full consideration.
Only PDF documents are accepted. Late submissions, or documents in other formats will not be accepted. All questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please write down the applicant’s full name under “Title”.
- All fields with (*) are mandatory.
- Your self-statement (in PDF) should include:
- the applicant’s current status (including institution, academic status (PhD, MS, or undergraduate), number of years entering the current program etc.)
- the applicant’s research interest and current accomplishments, and their future research plans,
- a description of how the grant will help them with their research plans,
- any information that the applicant feels relevant for supporting their application,
- their total budget for attending KDD’19, and availability of other travel funds (because the travel award will only partially cover the cost.).
Please upload a recommendation letter (in PDF) from the applicant’s advisor supporting the application, that:
- confirms that the applicant was a student in good standing at the time the application was submitted to KDD,
- describes how the applicant will benefit from attending KDD
- explains why the student is in need of the travel award, and
- given that costs can be higher than the award amount per student, the letter needs to include either a statement that the advisor commits to covering the cost of travel in excess of the travel grant, or a plan for how the student will get the additional funds.
Students receiving the travel awards are required to:
- Assist the conference organizers in numerous activities during the event days.
- Submit the original invoice up to the amount of the travel award for reimbursement after the conference. (Instructions will be sent later.)
- NSF supports travel for US-based students (undergraduate or graduate enrolled in a US university). Applications of US students will be automatically assessed for the NSF-funded travel grant.
- Successful applicants of the NSF-funded travel support are obliged to use US-flag airline carriers for traveling and will be required to deliver a short written report after the conference.
All applicants need to submit their applications through the “Student Travel Award” track at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kdd19.
How can we assist you?
We'll be updating the website as information becomes available. If you have a question that requires immediate attention, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
Please enter the word you see in the image below: