Registration is closed. SOLD OUT!
Full RegistrationFull registration includes tutorials, workshops, keynotes, and the main conference, from Aug 24 to 27.
Until July 15
July 16- Aug 15
Aug 16 to Onsite
|SIGMOD/ AAAI/ ACM Members||$800||$950||$1,100|
Workshop / Tutorial OnlyWorkshop/Tutorial Only registration include the single day of workshops and tutorials on Aug 24, 2014. You will be able to select this registration type on the third page during the registration process.
|Workshop / Tutorial Only
Until July 15
July 16- Aug 15
Aug 16 to Onsite
|SIGMOD/ AAAI/ ACM Members||$475||$550||$625|
Conference Hotel & Venue:
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
The hotel's address and phone number:
811 7th Ave
New York, NY 10019
+1 (212) 581-1000
One of the most iconic buildings in the Big Apple, the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel has stood proudly against the city skyline since 1962. Now better than ever, this sophisticated stopover features 1,781 recently renovated accommodations in the heart of Midtown on bustling 7th Avenue.
Book Your Room
Park Central New York Hotel
The hotel's address and phone number:870 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
+1 (212) 247-8000
|Classic king room||$229|
Book Your Room
The Bloomberg Venue
Thanks to the special event of Unleash Data: Accelerate Impact between KDD and Bloomberg, a part of the conference will also take place at:Bloomberg's headquarters
731 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
Tuesday Evening Reception: Pier 60
The Tuesday evening reception will take place at the Pier 60 at Chelsea Piers:Pier 60
23rd Street and West Side Highway
New York, NY 10011
Detailed directions and map
Pier Sixty is located within the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex, 23rd Street and the Hudson River. Vehicles may enter the complex from the West Side Highway between 22nd and 23rd Streets in Manhattan.
Arriving by Car
Taxis, Cars & Limousines: To arrive directly at our front door, please instruct your driver to follow all access/parking signs (do not follow taxi drop-off). Please instruct your driver to proceed through the parking gate directly to Pier Sixty, located at the tip of Pier 60. Taxis, cars and limousines are given 20 minutes’ free access to drop off and pick up passengers.
Arriving by Public Transportation
The M23 bus, which runs across 23rd Street, stops at Pier 62, the front door of Chelsea Piers. From Pier 62, it is a short walk to Pier Sixty.
The M14 bus, which runs across 14th Street, stops at West 18th Street, adjacent to Pier 59. From Pier 59, it is a short walk to Pier Sixty.
Traveling to New York
Blacklane limo service
Exclusively for KDD14 participants you can use the black-car service from Blacklane for easy arrival to or departure from the airport during the KDD14. Blacklane offers each participant an exclusive 50% off voucher to experience the amenities of a private driver first hand.
With the voucher, you can expect to pay 50-55 USD (including tolls and tip) to get from JFK/Newark to Sheraton and 45-50 USD (including tolls and tip) to get from Sheraton to JFK/Newark. Vans are also available for small groups.
Use the voucher code KDD14 - book your ride using either website or smartphone app (Apple / Android). Click here for a quick "How-To". Due to the spike in demand during the conference, it is advisable to book at least 24 hours in advance. The code is active until the 28th of August.
About New York
New York City, New York, NYC, The Big Apple or simply The City is the most populous city in the United States and covers 305 square miles around the mouth of the Hudson River. The City has one of the largest and most famous skylines on earth dominated by the iconic Empire State Building.
The 8.2 million people living in NYC speak 800 different languages from all over the world and the diverse population includes some of America’s wealthiest celebrities and socialites.
The Big Apple is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. More than 40 million people visit it every year for the attractions, the shows, the bagels, the cheesecakes and the New York style pizza.
NYC is a center of television, film, advertising, music, newspaper, and book publishing industries. It is the home to 46 Fortune 500 companies and three of the largest stock exchanges (NYSE, NASDAQ, and AMEX). If it were a nation, the city would have the 16th-highest GDP in the world.
No wonder it is often referred to as the city that never sleeps.
- Statue of Liberty
- Empire State Building
- 9/11 Memorial
- Central park
- American Museum Of Natural History
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art
- Museum Of Modern Art
- Rockefeller Center
- High Line
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Times Square
- Wall Street
- Broadway Theatre
- Manhattan Chinatown
- Shopping at Fifth and Madison Avenues
- Bronx Zoo
- Coney Island
- New York Botanical Garden
Visa Support Letters
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- That you wish to attend KDD 2014
- Your KDD 2014 registration confirmation number
- If you have had a paper accepted, the title of your paper and whether you are a "co-author" or "sole author"
T-shirt Design Contest
Due: July 7, 2014
Student Travel Award Application
Due: June 15, 2014
To be eligible for the award, a student must be:
- An author (or a co-author) of an accepted paper at KDD-2014, and
- A full-time student at the time of paper acceptance
- Students who are sole authors of papers
- Students who are first authors of papers
- Students who are co-authors, but not first authors of papers
- Non-author students
- Your name, email address, post-mail address, school information
- Title page of their accepted KDD-2014 paper, if author
- Proof of their full-time student status (e.g. proof of full-time registration status for current semester, or a copy of a valid student ID, or a letter from supervising faculty member)
- Indicate whether you are a US citizen or permanent resident
BPDM free registration recipients
- Jacqueline Fairley, Emory University
- Genaro Hernandez, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Pablo Rivas, Baylor University
- Lan Vu, University of Colorado, Denver
NSF travel awards recipients
- Dehua Cheng, Computer Science Department, University of Southern California
- Behzad Golshan, Computer Science Department, Boston University
- Bryan Perozzi, Stony Brook University
- Chuanren Liu, Rutgers University
- Xinran He, University of Southern California
- Rupinder Paul Khandpur, Computer Science Department, Virginia Tech
- Huan Sun, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Joyce C Ho, The University of Texas at Austin
- Fang Jin, Discovery Analytics Center, Computer Science Department, Virginia Tech
- Maryam Hasan, DSRG lab, Computer Science Deptartment, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Marzyeh Ghassemi, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ling Chen, Computer Science Department, North Carolina State University
- Qu Meng, Rutgers Business School
- Zhe Chen, University of Michigan
- Kyle Kloster, School Information, Purdue University, Mathematics Department
- Peter Lofgren, Stanford University
- Tristan Naumann, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Benjamin Bachman, Baylor College of Medicine
- Austin Benson, Stanford University
- Yanchi Liu, New Jersey Institute of Technology
Free registration recipients
- Tahereh Babaie, School of Information Technologies, J12 University of Sydney
- Yuan Quan, Nanyang Technological University
- Polina Rozenshtein, Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Information and Computer Science, Espoo, Finland
- Marija Stankova, University of Antwerp
- Ying Wei, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Qian Xiao, National University of Singapore
- Tanmoy Chakraborty, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Bin Wu, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Yuan Yao, Nanjing University Xianlin Campus
- Xiao He, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (University of Munich)
- Furong Li, School of Computing, National University of Singapore
- Shuai Yuan, University College London
- Wei Lu, Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia
- Meng Jiang, Department of Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University
- Hengshu Zhu, University of Science and Technology of China