- Home /
- Calls /
- Call for Local Student Volunteers
Call for Local Student Volunteers
We are recruiting 20 enthusiastic local student volunteers for KDD 2018, which will be held on 19th-23rd August 2018 at ExCeL London. This is a great opportunity for local students to meet and interact with leading experts in the field of data science. Volunteers will receive a registration waiver that includes admission to KDD tutorials, workshops, the main conference and the conference banquet.
- To apply, you must be a student from a university in London;
- Good communication skills in English is required;
- Applications must be received by 23rd July 2018 for full consideration.
As a volunteer, you are required to work a minimum of 8 hours (in total) during 18th August to 23rd August, to assist conference organisers with tasks such as staffing the registration desk, assisting speakers, checking and scanning badges, helping conference attendees, providing support to sessions etc.
How to apply
Students interested in volunteering should send the following information in an email titled “KDD 2018 Local Volunteer Application” to the KDD local chairs (email@example.com):
- Name, gender, email address and UK mobile phone number;
- A self-statement explaining your willingness to be a volunteer at KDD;
- A letter from your research advisor to endorse your commitment;
- If you have a paper, poster or demonstration in a KDD tutorial, workshop or the main conference, please indicate which and the title;
- Please indicate days and times when you are unable to work as a volunteer, or any other constraints.
Save the Date
KDD 2018 - London, United Kingdom. 19 - 23 August 2018
The annual KDD conference is the premier interdisciplinary conference bringing together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.
How can we assist you?
We'll be updating the website as information becomes available. If you have a question that requires immediate attention, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
If you are experiencing any issue related to registrations (confirmation, payment problem etc.) or have any questions regarding registrations, please do not submit this form. Please send an email to Kelly Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1.888.526.1242 or 303.530.4683.
Please enter the word you see in the image below: