SIGKDD Announces Keynote Presenters for Their 22nd Annual KDD-2016 San Francisco Conference
Top Data Scientists to Share Their Knowledge to Advance the Application of Data Science, benefiting all aspects of society
NEW YORK, NY— 5/23/2016- The Association of Computing Machinery’s Special Interest Group for Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (ACM SIGKDD), the world’s oldest and largest community for data mining, data science and analytics, today announced keynote speakers, workshop and talk presenters for its 22nd annual conference, Aug. 13-17, 2016 at the Hilton Hotel in San Francisco, CA. The event’s main focus is to connect the world’s best data scientists with one another in order to discuss, address and advance the application of data science to benefit all aspects of society.
- Nando de Freitas, professor at Oxford University: “How Deep Neural Network Representations Play a Central Role in the Fields of Natural Language Processing, Control and Robotics, and Promise to Impact Many Other Data-Rich Domains”
- Joe Hellerstein, professor at University of California, Berkeley: “People, Computers, and The Hot Mess of Real Data”
- Jennifer Chayes, Distinguished Scientist and Managing Director at Microsoft Research, “Graphons and Machine Learning: Modeling and Estimation of Sparse Massive Net
- Greg Papadopoulos, Venture Partner at NEA, Early-stage systems, software and semiconductor companies
Workshop and Talk Presenters:
- Ashok Srivastava, Chief Data Scientist / Verizon, “Large-Scale Machine Learning at Verizon: Theory and Applications”
- Ralf Herbrich: Director of Machine Learning / Amazon, “Learning Sparse Models at Scale”
- Duncan Watts: Principal Researcher / Microsoft, “Computational Social Science: Exciting Progress and Future Challenges”
- Oliver Downs: Chief Scientist and CTO / Amplero, “How Machine Learning has Finally Solved Wanamaker’s Dilemma”
- Jonathan Becher: Chief Digital Officer / SAP, “Can You Teach The Elephant To Dance? AKA: Culture Eats Data Science for Breakfast”
- Ingo Mierswa: Founder and CTO / RapidMiner: “The Wisdom of Crowds: Best Practices for Data Prep & Machine Learning derived from Millions of Data Science Workflows”
The invited tracks will also feature a panel with the focus: Big Data Needs Big Dreamers: Lessons from successful Big Data Investors. Evangelos Simoudis, Managing Partner with Synapse Partners, will moderate the group of esteemed panelists, including:
- Mark Gorenberg, Managing Director, Zetta
- Tim Guleri, Managing Director, Sierra Ventures
- Matt Ocko, Co-founder and Co-managing Partner, Data Collective
- Greg Sands, Founder and Managing Director at Costanoa Venture Capital
”KDD is my go-to conference to stay abreast of what’s working, and what’s not, in transformative data science applications,” said Gabor Melli, PhD., Director of Data Science at OpenGov.com. “The conference for me strikes a healthy balance between real-world applications and the many newly emerging fields. This year I am particularly excited by the depth and breadth of the keynote speakers - and am looking forward to hearing about their lessons learned and getting their perspective on my own large-scale analytics initiatives.”
The annual SIGKDD conferences have a strong reputation for delivering unparalleled peer learning, networking and idea sharing opportunities within data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics and big data. For more information on these sessions, including times and description of the material to be presented, view the tentative conference program: http://www.kdd.org/kdd2016/program.
The KDD Cup 2016 Challenge results from Phase 1 are final and can be viewed online, https://kddcup2016.azurewebsites.net/Phase1Results. The initial results are based on the final set of accepted papers for the SIGIR 2016 conference. Overall KDD Cup winners will be announced after Phase 3 is complete and evaluated at a yet to be determined date.
For general information on KDD 2016 San Francisco conference, visit the website at http://www.kdd.org/kdd2016/.
If you are interested in hearing from a keynote speaker, presenter or member of the KDD chair committee, please contact email@example.com.
ACM SIGKDD, which stands for Special Interest Group for Knowledge Discovery from Data, is a professional society comprising of world-renowned data scientists from industry and academia. KDD is the annually held, premier international conference that brings together researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry to deep-dive into novel ideas, latest research results and share in-the-trenches experiences and innovations. More details can be found at kdd.org.
Lorene Bagley-Kane, PR Director, Blast PR
Public Relations for KDD