I. Citation Prediction Task
Available for contestants:
- The LaTeX sources of all papers in the hep-th portion of the arXiv until May 1, 2003 are available for download. Each paper is identified by a unique arXiv id. There are approximately 29,000 hep-th papers with 1.7 gigs of data. The papers have been compressed to about 500M and divided into separate years for downloading.
- The abstracts for all the hep-th papers as a hep-th abstracts tarball.
- The SLAC dates for each hep-th paper as a hep-th slacdates tarball.
- The format for the slac dates is a sorted 2 column vector where the left column is the paper's arxiv id and the right column is the SLAC date: [arxiv id] [date in YYYY-MM-DD format]
- The citation graph of the hep-th portion of the arXiv as a hep-th citations tarball.
- The format for citations is a sorted 2 column vector where the left column is the cited from paper arxiv id and the right column is the cited to paper arxiv id: [paper cited from] [paper cited to]
II. Data Cleaning Task
For this task the LaTeX sources of the hep-ph papers on March 1, 2003 are available for download. A random paper id between 1 and 100,000 has been assigned to each paper. Also, a small subset of papers were converted from pdf/ps and only appear as plain text.
There are over 35,000 hep-ph papers with 1.8 gigs of data, so the download has been broken into 10 separate tar gzips of 50MB each, plus 1 extra tarball with the plain text papers.
Sept 4, 2003: The corresponding citation graph for hep-ph used as the evaluation criteria is now available here.
III. Download Estimation Task
Available for this task are the same datasets for task 1 plus:
- For each paper that was published in one of the listed six months (2/2000, 3/2000, 2/2001, 4/2001, 3/2002, 4/2002), the download logs from its first 60 days in the arXiv are provided.
Update Sept 4, 2003: Download data is no longer publicly available for download.
IV. Open Task
Contestants can use any of the hep-th data from Tasks 1 or 3.