Call for Bids to Host KDD-2018
ACM SIGKDD Executive Committee hereby invites proposals to host the annual KDD Conference in 2018. The conference should take place in August 2018.
KDD is the flagship conference of ACM SIGKDD and the premier research conference on data science and data mining. Proposals for host KDD-2018 should include information on (if you do not have all the information, please provide as much as possible):
- General chair(s)
- Local Arrangement Chair(s)
- Location (accessibility; conference venue, e.g., hotel or university; accommodations, e.g., hotels, motels, student dorms)
- Proposed dates
- Local data mining community (research and industry)
- Meeting venues (space for plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops, posters, exhibits)
- A/V equipment
- Budget estimates
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following site selection criteria (unordered):
- Experience of the team and familiarity with the KDD conference. We require the general chairs to have attended a KDD conference in recent years.
- Local KDD community support
- Local government and industry support
- Accessibility and attractiveness of the proposed site
- Adequacy of conference and exhibit facilities for the anticipated number of registrants
- Adequacy of budget projections and expected surplus
- Geographical and national balance with regard to the previous conferences in San Diego (2011), Beijing (2012), Chicago (2013), New York City (2014), Sydney (2015), San Francisco (2016), and Halifax, Canada (2017).
Please send proposals electronically to the SIGKDD Chair: Bing Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for proposals is January 10, 2016
If you intend to submit a proposal, please let us know as soon as you can.