DEADLINE EXTENDED to March 15th
The 16th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR 2018) will take place in Niagara Falls New York, USA 5-8 August 2018. We are soliciting proposals for tutorials or short courses to be held at ICFHR 2018. Courses and tutorials will take place on August 4, the day before the main conference.
An ICFHR tutorial should provide a comprehensive overview of a specific topic related to handwriting recognition, and the topic should be of sufficient relevance and importance to attract significant interest from the ICFHR community. A good tutorial should be educational rather than just a cursory survey of techniques. Typical tutorial audiences consist of graduate students studying computer vision, image processing, or pattern recognition, but also include researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry.
We invite proposals for both half-day and full-day courses: however, we encourage courses to be half-day unless the topic is expected to attract widespread community attention, or will require the additional time.
Proposals should be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Please prefix the email subject with the string ‘[ICFHR 2018 Tutorial]’. Proposals should be in PDF format and should include the following information:
- Proposed title;
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, emails, and brief bio sketches;
- Preference for half- or full-day event (the latter requires a brief justification);
- Course description with list of topics to be covered, along with a brief outline and important details;
- Expected target audience, in terms of both composition and estimated number of attendees;
- List of citations and/or URLs to relevant publications and/or products by the organizers, and to other relevant related work;
- Description of and/or links to any planned materials or resources to be distributed to attendees.
- Tutorial proposal deadline: March 15, 2018 (Extended)
- Notification to tutorial organizers: April 2, 2018 (Extended)
For any questions, please contact the tutorial chairs, Elisa Barney Smith (https://coen.boisestate.edu/EBarneySmith) (Boise State, USA) and Alicia Fornes (http://www.cvc.uab.es/people/afornes) (Computer Vision Center, UAB, Spain) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The **International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR)** is the flagship conference for handwriting recognition research and applications. The conference brings together experts in handwriting recognition from academia and industry to share their experiences and promote research and development in all aspects of handwriting recognition and handwriting applications.
ICFHR 2018 is sponsored by the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR), and organized in part by IAPR Technical Committee No. 11 (Reading Systems)